We Are the Lord's: A Catholic Guide to Difficult End-of-Life Questions
Author: Jeffrey Kirby
Number Of Pages: 79
Publisher: TAN Books
Release Date: 28-06-2019
Details: No one likes to think about death and many are not ready for it, either as the patient or a loved one. And yet, the dying process is oftentimes marked by an array of diverse and confusing questions that can catch anyone off guard.
What are we supposed to do?
We Are the Lord's is a succinct, quick-reference guide to difficult end-of-life questions, framed by divine wisdom and Church teaching. Its easy-to-read chapters and question-and-answer format can be a welcomed help to any person or family who are searching for answers during a difficult and traumatic time.
We Are the Lord’s answers such questions as:
- What's the difference between medical care and medical treatment?
- Are pain medications okay? How much is too much?
- What should I do if my loved one refuses to eat or drink?
- When is it okay to suspend nutrition and hydration?
- What to do if medical personnel pressure you to accept treatment that you feel is not morally acceptable?
- Is a breathing tube considered “extraordinary care”?
- Is a breathing tube morally different from a feeding tube?
- How do I know when it’s okay to let go and stop treatment of my loved one?
- How to handle challenging situations concerning DNR (“do not resuscitate”).
- How do I handle the guilt of making a decision that ended a person’s life?
- …and more
Whether as a preparation for a future journey or as an immediate guide for you now, We Are the Lord's is available and ready to help.
Package Dimensions: 12.2 x 5.5 x 0.4 inches
We Also Recommend
Love and Violence: Marriage As Metaphor for the Relationship Between Yhwh and Israel in the Prophetic Books
New Beginning, New Hope: Words of Pope Francis Holy Week Through Pentecost