The Sacraments: Discovering the Treasures of Divine Life
Author: Fr. Matthew Kauth
Brand: Saint Benedict Press
- The Sacraments: Discovering the Treasures of Divine Life
Number Of Pages: 164
Publisher: Saint Benedict Press
Release Date: 01-10-2018
And so it is for our spiritual life. The sacraments are the very lifeblood of our soul, yet in the midst of our busy lives, we can fail to understand their power and importance. Without them, we are spiritually dead. With them, the very life of God runs through us.
In this new book from Fr. Matthew Kauth, the Church’s seven sacraments are presented in such a way that no reader will ever again take them for granted. Fr. Kauth brilliantly illuminates not only the scriptural foundation and profound spiritual realities of each sacrament but also the necessity of each as a means to living a happy and fulfilled life that leads to heaven.
- How the sacraments are anchored in the life and death of Jesus and are the medium through which he pours his life into our souls.
- Discovering the purpose, meaning, and symbolism behind the matter of the sacraments: water, bread, oil, wine.
- Understanding how Christ administers his sacraments through human hands and what our own role is in receiving them.
- How Mary’s strength and fortitude, attributes we don’t normally attribute to her, are a model for Confirmation.
- An expert dissection of the instrumentality, effects, elements, character, and fruits of each sacrament.
- How the sacrament of marriage reaches all the way back to Genesis but finds its full meaning in the passion of Jesus.
Package Dimensions: 8.7 x 5.8 x 0.6 inches
We Also Recommend
New Beginning, New Hope: Words of Pope Francis Holy Week Through Pentecost