The Rapture Trap: A Catholic Response to End Times Fever
Author: Paul Thigpen
Brand: Brand: Ascension Press
Edition: Rev ed.
- Used Book in Good Condition
Number Of Pages: 261
Publisher: Ascension Press
Release Date: 01-10-2001
In The Rapture Trap, Dr. Paul Thigpen explains the biblical foundations of Catholic teaching on the final judgment. Drawing from Scripture and Tradition, The Rapture Trap reveals the shortcomings of the "rapture" doctrine and the larger tangle of unfounded religious teachings to which it's tied. In this Catholic response to “end times” fever, discover…
- The origins of the novel rapture theory and its theological flaws.
- Why the rapture idea is so seductive and spiritually dangerous to Christians.
- The subtle (and not-so-subtle) anti-Catholic agenda from promoters of the rapture doctrine.
- What the Catholic Church teaches (and doesn't teach) about the end of the world.
- 11 insights the Church offers us about the second coming of Christ.
- 13 guidelines for discerning the validity of claims to private revelation.
- Five ways Catholic theologians interpret the Book of Revelation.
- What the Church teaches about the Antichrist.
Package Dimensions: 8.5 x 5.6 x 0.7 inches
We Also Recommend
Love and Violence: Marriage As Metaphor for the Relationship Between Yhwh and Israel in the Prophetic Books
New Beginning, New Hope: Words of Pope Francis Holy Week Through Pentecost