Ten Battles Every Catholic Should Know
Author: Michael D. Greaney
Number Of Pages: 266
Publisher: TAN Books
Release Date: 15-01-2018
• Manzikert, which marked the beginning of the fight,
• Wallachia, where Vlad II, the real “Dracula”, carried out a personal crusade against the Turks to such good effect that his name strikes terror down to the present day,
• Mohács, “the Tomb of Hungary,”
• Vienna (the siege of 1529), the first setback experienced by Süleymân the Magnificent, perhaps the greatest ruler the Ottoman Turks ever knew,
• Szigetvár (known as the “Hungarian Alamo”),
• ...and five others.
The accounts of battles are enlivened and expanded with historical footnotes and introductions. Though less well known than the struggle to retake Spain and Southern France, the battlefields of Armenia and Eastern and Central Europe were just as crucial to preserve Christendom. Includes 12 battle maps.
Package Dimensions: 8.6 x 5.6 x 1.1 inches
We Also Recommend
Love and Violence: Marriage As Metaphor for the Relationship Between Yhwh and Israel in the Prophetic Books
New Beginning, New Hope: Words of Pope Francis Holy Week Through Pentecost